5 bugs: Startup, uncomment, active file switch, breakpoints

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
metamorphosis
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

5 bugs: Startup, uncomment, active file switch, breakpoints

Post by metamorphosis »

1. Occasionally 7 will load the interface, then crash on startup. No apparent reason.

2. Also if uncommenting thousands of lines (C++) 7 will crash if there are multiple uncommented sections of non-blank lines in amongst the commented sections.

3. If you exclude one file from a build, then include another, and switch builds (ie. from debug to release), it'll revert the exclude/include settings.

4. Conditional breakpoints are not retained, are treated as temporary breakpoints.

Conditional breakpoints do not take multiple conditions (ie. joined with && or ||), will delete themselves if those are present.

Support for GDB reverse debugging also appears to be missing.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: 5 bugs: Startup, uncomment, active file switch, breakpoi

Post by eranif »

metamorphosis wrote:1. Occasionally 7 will load the interface, then crash on startup. No apparent reason.

2. Also if uncommenting thousands of lines (C++) 7 will crash if there are multiple uncommented sections of non-blank lines in amongst the commented sections.
Which OS? Please provide more details (see the "HOW TO POST" link in my signature)
metamorphosis wrote:3. If you exclude one file from a build, then include another, and switch builds (ie. from debug to release), it'll revert the exclude/include settings.
Exclude from build is per configuration, so its not reverted - its loading the "Debug" Settings. Switching back to "Release" should restore the "Exclude" from build
metamorphosis wrote:4. Conditional breakpoints are not retained, are treated as temporary breakpoints.
I suspect that this is not really related to 7.0 but more of a general issue since the beginning of CodeLite ;)
Support for GDB reverse debugging also appears to be missing.
Indeed, pull request for this will be most welcome

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: 5 bugs: Startup, uncomment, active file switch, breakpoi

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,
4. Conditional breakpoints are not retained, are treated as temporary breakpoints.
Conditional breakpoints do not take multiple conditions (ie. joined with && or ||), will delete themselves if those are present.
I just tested this on Linux, and neither problem happens there. However, from your previous threads, I think you're on Windows.

Regards,

David