opening files in workspace tree view annoyance

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
Gibbon1
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

opening files in workspace tree view annoyance

Post by Gibbon1 »

I have workspace with a half dozen projects in it. They all share files. I'm building different embedded targets using mostly the same code base.

In the workspace panel there is the tree view that shows all the files in the project. I have issue where if I have the tree for a project expanded, and I double click on a file, the file is opened. However the tree view modified modified, the first node containing the file is expanded. (Exactly as if you went File->Open File)

Seems to me that if you open a file using the tree view the tree view should be left unchanged.
If you open a file using File->Open File then it should expand the tree view of the active project.

See attached png files for an example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: opening files in workspace tree view annoyance

Post by eranif »

Its not an annoyance, its a feature, a one which "link" the active editor with the tree view.
If you look at the screenshot you posted, all you need to do, is to click the 'Link Editor' button to disable this behavior

On top of the tree view, there is a small toolbar with 4 buttons, click on the left one

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Gibbon1
CodeLite Expert

Re: opening files in workspace tree view annoyance

Post by Gibbon1 »

My life is much improved.