Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
dsisco11
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Extending build output links.

Post by dsisco11 »

Not sure how else to title the thread :S

Iv'e come across a situation quite frequently in CL where the build output will give me something like this

Code: Select all

In file included from C:/CODE/Diet3D/INCLUDES/GUI/CStyleProperties.cpp:2:0:
C:/CODE/Diet3D/INCLUDES/GUI/CStyleProperties.h: In member function 'void CStylePropertys::print(std::string, std::string)':
C:/CODE/Diet3D/INCLUDES/GUI/CStyleProperties.h:23:14: error: 'std::string cssPropertyValue::repr' is protected
std::string repr;
^
Here's the problem.
I can't click on the 2nd line to go to the function it is talking about.
Yet, that's the only place I actually need to go, because that's the function which is accessing a variable it shouldn't(accidentally so, because I had changed the repr variable to be protected).

Is there a technical reason for this or is it just something that wasn't considered?
Can we get this fixed?
Jarod42
CodeLite Expert

Re: Extending build output links.

Post by Jarod42 »

You may add/change regular expression if you want (in Build settings... your compiler -> patterns).

I think that the "goto click" is only possible when line/column is provided.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Jarod42 wrote:I think that the "goto click" is only possible when line/column is provided
A regex that contains the file name only will also work, but without the line number its not worth much...

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
dsisco11
CodeLite Curious

Post by dsisco11 »

well wouldn't it be possible to check for edge cases like this where a file path is provided but no line/column numbers and instead a function is given. And make it so it will just take you to the function in that file when clicked? I mean in this case it's telling me that the function is accessing a private member and that's fine, I know how to fix that. But I'ts a bit irksome to have to go open the file myself and scroll down to the function definition or w/e. It would just be easier to be able to double click the line and be taken to it.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Its not as easy as described. but my plate is pretty full atm, so I don't see this implemented in the near future.
You can always try and have a look at the sources and contribute a patch to fix this ;)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread