[PATCH] Auto Closing Brackets (Opt-in feature) [2340288]

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
evilissimo
CodeLite Curious

Re: [PATCH] Auto Closing Brackets (Opt-in feature) [2340288]

Post by evilissimo »

How about going away from this tabs at all and move to a tree control on the left and having the options for the currently selected entry on the left?
You could nest on the right groups with less elements but under some major groups and the right doesn't need to be that big anymore.

Just an idea ;-)

Regards,
Vinzenz
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

A patch is most welcome :D
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
evilissimo
CodeLite Curious

Post by evilissimo »

here it is. In the patch it is still as additional dialog. Have a try ;-)

Regards
Vinzenz 'evilissimo' Feenstra
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sdolim
CodeLite Veteran

Post by sdolim »

I've tried it. Nice job! With this, the default size of the dialog can be reduced a lot.
evilissimo
CodeLite Curious

Post by evilissimo »

Hi eranif,

Since I you've not been replying again in IRC after you left here I quote the part again and my answers :-)
<eranif>21 evilissimo: I have downloaded the patch and tested it. It looks promising, some comments:
<eranif> 1) you forgot "MyLabel" in one of the static text
<eranif> 2) you should use WindowAttrMgr class to save and restore the dialog last size and position to load old values, add this call to the last line of the constructor of the dialog: WindowAttrManager::Load(this, wxT("OptionsDlgAttr"), NULL);
<eranif> to save them, add this call to the dtor: WindowAttrManager::Save(this, wxT("OptionsDlgAttr"), NULL);
<eranif> 3) You chnaged one of the wxFlexGridSizer from 3 columns to be 2 (in the General page)
<eranif> 4) items should keep their 5 pixels spacers between each other, otherwise, it looks bad on Mac
<eranif> you should keep the layout as it is now
<eranif> 5) since you are using separate page for each category, the wxStaticBoxSizer are redundant, please use wxBoxSizer instead
<eranif> 6) It would be nice to center the dialog buttons (ok, apply, cancel) to the middle (unlike I did it, were I aligned them to the right...)
<eranif> thats about it
1,2,4,5,6 is fixed
about 3) that was forcibly done. Because the window doesn't need to be that wide anymore.
about
you should keep the layout as it is now
well I tried to make it as much similar as it is now however I changed the layout of the FlexGridSizers to 2 columns because it looks better (at least if you have a smaller window.

However I have a problem with the Comments/Doxygen tab. The wxStaticText which was "MyLabel" before is only fitting into its place after I resize the window
I cannot get it properly resized by default :-(
Maybe you have a clue how to fix it. I have not :-/

I am appending a patch (difference to r2480) (with the whole changes so far)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.