hbr_in
CodeLite Expert

Difference in Find & Find in Files "Find What" parameter

Post by hbr_in »

Hi Eran,

Just a small doubt.

Why does find does not search for parameter mentioned in Find in Files
To explain

1. Lets say 1st i did searched for a parameter "help" in find & found some results.
2. Now i do a search for parameter "new" using Find in files & found some results.
3. Now i click on the 1st result in Find results window. it will take me to the respective file.
4. lets say this file has more than 1 "new" & "help"
4. Here if i use F3 to search for "new", it still searchs for "help" rather than searching for "new"

Is this is intentional, then i would like to know why it is done.

Hope i made myself clear.

Regards
Gururaja
denk_mal
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: Difference in Find & Find in Files "Find What" parameter

Post by denk_mal »

Hi Gururaja,

It's not a bug, it's a feature ;)

this happens while the word "help" is still marked and simply pessing F3 will search for the marked word.
I absolutly love this feature :)

If you want to search for the last searchstring you have to remove the marking by simply clicking into the editor window.

HTH
denk_mal
hbr_in
CodeLite Expert

Post by hbr_in »

denk_mal wrote: It's not a bug, it's a feature ;)
Glad to hear that
denk_mal wrote: this happens while the word "help" is still marked and simply pessing F3 will search for the marked word.
If you want to search for the last searchstring you have to remove the marking by simply clicking into the editor window.
saying marked do you mean higlighted in some color. If thats the case, NO the word "help" was not highlighted.

I searched for word "help".
got few results.
clicked on one result.
and then clicked at a different place in editor to deselct the search word "help"

Now i did find in files for word "new". in one file i had both "new" & "help". pressing F3still looks for "help" rather than looking for "new".

TIA

Regards
Gururaja
denk_mal
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by denk_mal »

hbr_in wrote:
denk_mal wrote: this happens while the word "help" is still marked and simply pessing F3 will search for the marked word.
saying marked do you mean higlighted in some color. If thats the case, NO the word "help" was not highlighted.
yes, I mean higlighted (I am not a native speaker and havn't found the right word for it) :oops:
hbr_in wrote: I searched for word "help".
got few results.
clicked on one result.
and then clicked at a different place in editor to deselct the search word "help"
Now i did find in files for word "new". in one file i had both "new" & "help". pressing F3still looks for "help" rather than looking for "new".
this is working ok here (svn rev 1.0.2464)
what is showing in the searchpanel if you open it (by ctrl+f)
Have you used more than one tab for the search results?
And if so, does it made a different which tab holds the search results?
hbr_in wrote:
TIA

Regards
Gururaja