Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
NilC
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Codelite doesn't built. rev 1b347c228c29e263d5cb26c3ed9b8cb4

Post by NilC »

Build log:
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c "mingw32-make.exe -j 4 -e -f "plugin_sdk.mk" ../PCH/precompiled_header_release.h.gch && mingw32-make.exe -j 4 -e -f "plugin_sdk.mk" ./WinReleaseUnicode/cl_aui_notebook_art.o && mingw32-make.exe -j 4 -e -f "plugin_sdk.mk" PostBuild"
----------Building project:[ plugin_sdk - WinReleaseUnicode ] (Single File Build)----------
mingw32-make.exe: '../PCH/precompiled_header_release.h.gch' is up to date.
codelitegcc g++ -include ../PCH/precompiled_header_release.h -c "D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp" -Wall -mthreads -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DNDEBUG -D_UNICODE -Ic:\wxWidgets-2.9.4\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -Ic:\wxWidgets-2.9.4\include -DWXUSINGDLL -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -Winvalid-pch -O2 -D__WX__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DWXUSINGDLL_CL -DWXMAKINGDLL_SDK -DWXUSINGDLL_SCI -DWXUSINGDLL_WXSQLITE3 -o ./WinReleaseUnicode/cl_aui_notebook_art.o -I. -I. -I./include -I../CodeLite -I../sdk/wxsqlite3/include -I../Interfaces -I../PCH
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp: In member function 'virtual void clAuiTabArt::DrawTab(wxDC&, wxWindow*, const wxAuiNotebookPage&, const wxRect&, int, wxRect*, wxRect*, int*)':
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:306:5: error: 'wxGCDC' was not declared in this scope
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:306:12: error: expected ';' before 'gdc'
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:307:5: error: 'wxGraphicsRenderer' was not declared in this scope
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:307:25: error: expected primary-expression before 'const'
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:307:25: error: expected ';' before 'const'
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:308:5: error: 'wxGraphicsContext' was not declared in this scope
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:308:24: error: 'context' was not declared in this scope
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:311:19: error: 'renderer' was not declared in this scope
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:314:19: error: 'renderer' was not declared in this scope
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:320:5: error: 'gdc' was not declared in this scope
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:322:20: error: variable 'wxGraphicsPath path' has initializer but incomplete type
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:419:28: error: variable 'wxGraphicsPath button_path' has initializer but incomplete type
D:/BruTime/Codelite/Plugin/cl_aui_notebook_art.cpp:430:24: error: variable 'wxGraphicsPath xpath' has initializer but incomplete type
mingw32-make.exe: *** [WinReleaseUnicode/cl_aui_notebook_art.o] Error 1
plugin_sdk.mk:603: recipe for target 'WinReleaseUnicode/cl_aui_notebook_art.o' failed
13 errors, 0 warnings

Platform: Windows 7 x64
Building on: Codelite 5.1
No changes - I just cloned repo.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Codelite doesn't built. rev 1b347c228c29e263d5cb26c3ed9b

Post by eranif »

In a recent change I did, I re-wrote the wxAUI art provider for codelite's tab look-n-feel.
This change requires a wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=1.

The default wxWidgets that I bundle for windows has it set to 0.

So:

- Build wxWidgets with wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=1or
- Wait until I will upload a standalone installer for wxWidgets to SF (without codelite)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
NilC
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by NilC »

Thanks!! I'll build wxWidgets with wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=1
SlimFast
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by SlimFast »

eranif wrote:- Wait until I will upload a standalone installer for wxWidgets to SF (without codelite)
Sorry in case I knock too early, but did you do that already? Where would you put it? Its not in the 5.1 release folder...?!
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Nope. Currently there is no a available installer with wxGCDC enabled by default.
I plan on adding such an installer - it will take couple of days
jfouche
CodeLite Guru

Post by jfouche »

Hi Eran,

How do you build wxWidgets with wxGCDC enabled. May I ask you to update the wiki to add this information ?
And +1if you provide new wxWidgets libs.
Thanks
Jérémie
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

jfouche wrote:How do you build wxWidgets with wxGCDC enabled. May I ask you to update the wiki to add this information ?
I will
jfouche wrote:And +1if you provide new wxWidgets libs.
yes, I am going to split codelite's installers for Windows:
- 1 installer for codelite + MinGW
- 1 Installer for wxWidgets (standalone)

To build wxWidgets with wxGCDC support:
Open the file:
\path\to\wx\sources\lib\gcc_dll\mswu\wx\setup.h

and at around line: 784, change the define to:

Code: Select all

#   define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT 1
You will need to rebuild your wxWidgets and make sure you use a MinGW that supports it.
Note that the one that the MinGW that comes with codeltie (4.7.1) does supports it - so if you are using it, then there should be no problems

Eran
jrheisey
CodeLite Curious

Post by jrheisey »

http://codelite.org/Developers/Windows
I also used the instructions at this line to build wxWidgets.
Specifically mingw32-make -f Makefile.gcc SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release VENDOR=cl