Suggestion: Choice to display tabs of workspace on bottom

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
count0
CodeLite Enthusiast

Suggestion: Choice to display tabs of workspace on bottom

Post by count0 »

This is just a matter of personal taste...

Codelite displays the tabs of workspace pane on left, but many IDEs display these tabs on top or bottom.
So, may I suggest adding a check box in setting which lets user change the position?

And change something like this to LiteEditor/workspace_pane.cpp:

Code: Select all

long display_on_bottom(1);
EditorConfigST::Get()->GetLongValue(wxT("display_workspace_tab_on_bottom"), display_on_bottom);

if (display_on_bottom)
   m_book = new Notebook(this, wxID_ANY, wxDefaultPosition, wxDefaultSize, wxVB_BOTTOM|wxVB_TAB_DECORATION);
else
   m_book = new Notebook(this, wxID_ANY, wxDefaultPosition, wxDefaultSize, wxVB_LEFT|wxVB_TAB_DECORATION);	
mainSizer->Add(m_book, 1, wxEXPAND | wxALL, 1);
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Suggestion: Choice to display tabs of workspace on bottom

Post by eranif »

count0 wrote:Codelite displays the tabs of workspace pane on left, but many IDEs display these tabs on top or bottom.
This was done for space saving consideration, since adding tabs on the top/bottom consumes much more screen space.
count0 wrote:Codelite displays the tabs of workspace pane on left, but many IDEs display these tabs on top or bottom.
So, may I suggest adding a check box in setting which lets user change the position?
This patch is fine, but I dont think it will be intergated. I prefer a more complete solution:
- I will add an option to *all* notebooks to allow changing their orientation to top/bottom/left/right and other settings available in the Notebook control like I did in my previous Notebook control (wxFlatNotebook)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
count0
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: Suggestion: Choice to display tabs of workspace on bottom

Post by count0 »

eranif wrote: I prefer a more complete solution:
- I will add an option to *all* notebooks to allow changing their orientation to top/bottom/left/right and other settings available in the Notebook control like I did in my previous Notebook control (wxFlatNotebook)
That will be great.