Feature request: Workspace View should not collapse items

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
Yaakuro
CodeLite Enthusiast

Feature request: Workspace View should not collapse items

Post by Yaakuro »

I like codelite really and i'm working more and more with it. here some points you may fix :).

- it's not a big issue but is it possible to let in the workspace view the projects items opend if the last file is closed. at the moment if i close the last opened file it collapses all project items and one has to open it again to select the files. i'm usinig the 2128 build.

- in the settings dialog the postbuild tab (the same for prebuild tab) . if i want edit an element in the list it checks off everytime the item. i have to check the box everytime again if i hit the edit button. maybe it would be better if the checkbox is only deselected if one deselects it.

you did a great job anyway. really nice tool. :)
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Feature request: Workspace View should not collapse items

Post by eranif »

Yaakuro wrote:at the moment if i close the last opened file it collapses all project items
And I thought that this is a feature...
Yaakuro wrote:one has to open it again to select the files.
Why do you use such "old" method to open files?

Try the 'Ctrl-Shift-R' or from 'Search -> Find Resource' this will open the file for you a lot quicker and will also select it in the 'File View'
Yaakuro wrote:if i want edit an element in the list it checks off everytime the item
Strange, that never happened to me. On Which OS are you?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Yaakuro
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Yaakuro »

Hmm "old" method :). Maybe I've been working to much with the Visual Studio envrionemt. At the moment I'm working under Ubuntu 8.04. I should check the "check" problem under windows too.
Yaakuro
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Yaakuro »

Ok it looks like that the problem with the "check boxes" appears only under linux. I've testet it under Windows and it's different.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Yaakuro wrote:Ok it looks like that the problem with the "check boxes" appears only under linux
Confirmed and fixed in SVN trunk - this looks like a bug in WX code, but I provided a workaround.

Eran
asterisc
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by asterisc »

eranif wrote:
Yaakuro wrote:at the moment if i close the last opened file it collapses all project items
And I thought that this is a feature...
This thing is really annoying, especially if you have opened plenty of files and select: "Close all" because because it's easier to search a file in the tree instead of tabs.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

asterisc wrote:This thing is really annoying, especially if you have opened plenty of files and select: "Close all" because because it's easier to search a file in the tree instead of tabs.
on top of the 'workspace' tab, just under the 'Selected configuration' there is a toolbar, the left most button 'Link Editor' -> untick it and thats it.

Eran