Working on Changes to Windows projects for MSys2

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
stahta01
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Working on Changes to Windows projects for MSys2

Post by stahta01 »

I am working on a patch that converts the 61 Windows project files for use under MSys2 MinGW 64 bit.
Edit: My count of projects is now upto 62; may find more. Edit2: Or I might find I edited a project I should not haved.

1. Replace "copy" with "cp" in post build steps
  2. Change to UNIX makefile generator

I have no idea if you will wish to use the patch; but, I assume it will be after version 16.0.0 is released if you do.

Do you know what what Configurations needs to be tested?
I am guessing at least "Win_x64_Release" and "Win_x64_Debug". Edit looks like 1 to 3 more to test.
I plan to write an Runtime/update-msys2.sh to be used instead of Runtime/update64.bat

Tim S.

eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Working on Changes to Windows projects for MSys2

Post by eranif »

Only these 2 :)

Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
stahta01
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: Working on Changes to Windows projects for MSys2

Post by stahta01 »

eranif wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:45 pm

Only these 2 :)

Those are the main two; but I currently have 24 patch files I am testing and it still have issues.
The number three change is using [$(shell wx-config --rescomp | sed s'/windres //')] to set resource flags.
I am adding configurations as needed where the configuration name does not match the CodeLiteIDE name, also.
I am currently rebuilding my codelite-git package to do more work on it; will be a few hours before I can resume testing.

Edit2: Removed link to PR likely no longer needed since you applied the two other PRs

Edit: I figured out that I likely need to ensure wxUSE_GUI is defined by the projects.

Tim S.