will CL support `refresh' function?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Halley
CodeLite Enthusiast

will CL support `refresh' function?

Post by Halley »

Hi, Eran

I have a little question.

Once files are imported into CL, it seems there is no way to refresh a bunch of files after they are modified/updated outside CL.

The `Reload File' button on the tool bar can help to update one file at one time. I'm seeking for a way of reload all files in a certain directory, or the whole project, as that i have `refresh' within Eclipse. When files are updated by perforce, I would like the files in CL can be refreshed.

Does CL have this function at 3833? If yes, how? If no, will CL support it or does CL already do it at the latest version?

Thank you!
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: will CL support `refresh' function?

Post by eranif »

Some background first:
codelite auto-detects any modified file on the disk and offers to reload it (incase of multiple files modified, it will offer to reload all or some of them)

If you dont get the 'Some files modified' then it means that either the updated files are not open inside the editor OR try to switch to another application and then back to codelite (this will trigger an OnActivate event to codelite)

If a project / workspace file have been updated, the best thing is to reload the workspace (workspace -> reload workspace), do NOT close the workspace and then switch to it again (this will cause your workspace to override the workspace file on the disk)

In case files were modified outside of codelite, it is also a good idea to call 'workspace -> retag workspae (quick)' to update the code-completion symbols (if the files were opened inside the editor, it will happen automatically for you for each modified file)
Halley wrote:I would like the files in CL can be refreshed
If the file is not opened inside an editor, whats to be refreshed?
Halley wrote:it seems there is no way to refresh a bunch of files after they are modified/updated outside CL
Again, define 'refresh'

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Halley
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Halley »

eranif wrote: If a project / workspace file have been updated, the best thing is to reload the workspace (workspace -> reload workspace), do NOT close the workspace and then switch to it again (this will cause your workspace to override the workspace file on the disk)
What does "reload" do? Synchronize the files with those on disk? This is actually what I want.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

Yes, 'Reload' will revet the file to the content of the disk (if you got un-saved modifications, you will be prompted)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread