Just a General Help Question

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Perissos
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Just a General Help Question

Post by Perissos »

A friend recommended I try codelite to refresh my skills in C++ and I am currently trying to understand how your widgets work and am having a problem. I am sure I must have missed something very simple and I am just not seeing it and wondered if someone could tell me where to look.

In trying to figure it out on my own I found the tutorial videos. In the one video there is a line that says wxAboutDialogInfo info;

and when you do the build it comes up with an error wxAboutDialogInfo was not delcared in this scope. The video shows that you should be able to right click the name and select "Add include file for...." and takes you to another screen.

When I right click it I do see the "Add include file for..." option, but it does not allow me to select it.

I have the same problem with the form builder. I can right click the name that is created, but it will not allow me to select the option to open with form builder. Have I done something wrong when installing, or have I missed setting something up?

I apologize if this sounds like dumb question.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Just a General Help Question

Post by eranif »

Perissos wrote:In trying to figure it out on my own I found the tutorial videos. In the one video there is a line that says wxAboutDialogInfo info;

and when you do the build it comes up with an error wxAboutDialogInfo was not delcared in this scope. The video shows that you should be able to right click the name and select "Add include file for...." and takes you to another screen.
In the tutorial you watched, there was a pre-defined database of symbols - this is how codelite knew about the include file to add.

codelite has changed a lot since then, it now parses files based on the include statements in your code, so its a chicken-egg question - in order for codelite to know which include file to add for wxAboutInfoDialog, you need to include that file :)

But there are advantages for this:
Once included, codelite know about this include file (and all of the files that it includes) - so if you will be facing this error in some other place, codelite will be able to correct you (just like u seen in the video)
Perissos wrote:I can right click the name that is created, but it will not allow me to select the option to open with form builder. Have I done something wrong when installing, or have I missed setting something up?
The form builder is a standalone application, did you install it?
Perissos wrote:Have I done something wrong when installing
In order to answer that, I need to know some more details:
http://codelite.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=804
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Perissos
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Post by Perissos »

codelite has changed a lot since then, it now parses files based on the include statements in your code, so its a chicken-egg question - in order for codelite to know which include file to add for wxAboutInfoDialog, you need to include that file
Yes, I understand this. However, it should still allow me to left click the option, even when the file does not exist. If you have five files included, you should be able to see five files to select from, otherwise why not make your program better and just attach the file automatically? But just so your aware, I tried it on all the wx items, and I could not select the option.

[quoteThe form builder is a standalone application, did you install it?][/quote]

Guess not since I was not aware that it was a standalone until now.

Thanks for the response.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

Perissos wrote:But just so your aware, I tried it on all the wx items, and I could not select the option.
What do you mean "could not select the option" ? Does the option exists, but it fails to do anything?

Try to fully re-tag your workspace, it works perfectly fine (workspace->retag workspace (full))

Unless you put the first include files manually, it will never work. Try to include it once, and it will work in other cases.
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread