inactive button "Apply": why?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
varnie
CodeLite Veteran

inactive button "Apply": why?

Post by varnie »

hi, eranif!

just a little note.
i've discovered that CodeLite IDE (revision 1927) has inactive button "Apply" located in "Build" --> "Configuration Manager". i am still able to switch between different workspace configurations of my program. but i wonder why this button is inactive? it's been active in previous program revisions.
thanks for info :)
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: inactive button "Apply": why?

Post by eranif »

This button will be set 'active' once the configuration has been modified.

Changing workspace configurations wont make it active, since no actual change was done (one that needs to be written to disk).

Try modifying any of your project configurations, then it will be active.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
varnie
CodeLite Veteran

Post by varnie »

hmm.. i've modified several options for one of my configuration's but this button is still inactive. i've changed compiler's options if you are curious. where's my fault?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Where did you modify the compiler options from?

The apply button in the 'configuration manager' will be active only when modifying the selected project configuration for a given workspace configuration.

Changing the compiler settings from the 'Settings -> Build Settings' dialog, will get saved once that dialog is closed (with the 'OK' button)

Eran
varnie
CodeLite Veteran

Post by varnie »

Where did you modify the compiler options from?
right clicked on my project and chose "settings".
The apply button in the 'configuration manager' will be active only when modifying the selected project configuration for a given workspace configuration.
could you be so kind give me short info about how to achieve this? where i have to modify the selected project configuration for enabling this "apply" button?

i just have no idea what this "apply" button stands for.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

the apply button at the 'configuration manager' dialog will be enabled once you change a selection of any of the project's drop down on that dialog
it is not related to the 'Project Settings' dialog (except for the fact that you can launch the 'Configuration Manager' from it)

Pressing 'OK' has the same effect of pressing 'Apply', the difference that is that the 'OK' dismisses the dialog while 'Apply' saves the changes and keeps it open.

Eran