Moving the Output Pane

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
ds_on_cl
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Moving the Output Pane

Post by ds_on_cl »

I'd like to be able to move the Output Pane to other sides of the window (something like how the Workspace Pane may be moved).

Or if it's easier, I'm really just looking to make the Output Pane a vertical pane on the right hand side - is there a way to do that?

Thanks
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Moving the Output Pane

Post by eranif »

ds_on_cl wrote:I'd like to be able to move the Output Pane to other sides of the window (something like how the Workspace Pane may be moved).

Or if it's easier, I'm really just looking to make the Output Pane a vertical pane on the right hand side - is there a way to do that?

Thanks
No. You cant do that.
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
ds_on_cl
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by ds_on_cl »

Well, I guess it's just a feature request then.

If you're wondering why I'd like this: imagine using a wide screen display or two monitors side by side. In those cases the vertical space is at a premium and there's plenty of horizontal space. If I could have the workspace view on the left, the text area in the middle, and the output pane on the far right (i.e. even on the second monitor) then I get much better use of the display(s).

Thanks again for the very cool editor.
ds_on_cl
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by ds_on_cl »

Thanks for adding this!
ds_on_cl
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by ds_on_cl »

Sorry about the - every new feature invites more features thing - but it would also be very cool if the buttons that control the output pane were on the output pane. With the output pain docked, the "build, errors, search, replace, output, debug" and so on make sense to select what is viewed in the output pane. When they are on separate screens, it can feel a bit odd.

Though, I'd rate this as a low priority feature request (like lower than a regular feature request).
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

ds_on_cl wrote:orry about the - every new feature invites more features thing - but it would also be very cool if the buttons that control the output pane were on the output pane. With the output pain docked, the "build, errors, search, replace, output, debug" and so on make sense to select what is viewed in the output pane. When they are on separate screens, it can feel a bit odd.

Though, I'd rate this as a low priority feature request (like lower than a regular feature request).
I am sorry but this one probably will not make its way into codelite (too much effort, too little time)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread