Sim
Hacker John
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: FLTK with CodeLite

Post by Hacker John »

Hi Eran

I have found the problem. I tried running Codelite as Administrator, and "Build Project" works just as it should. Both "Hello World" and the FLTK example have built. It is obviously a matter of setting the permissions correctly on the Codelite folder.

Sorry for all the twisting and turning on this and thank you very much for all your efforts.

Regards, John
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Do you mean that your workspace is placed under the codelite installation directory?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Hacker John
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Hacker John »

Do you mean that your workspace is placed under the codelite installation directory?
No, all my workspaces and projects are under my user folder. I shouldn't have said "folder" - what I mean is that Codelite.exe has to be run as Adminsitrator before it will run the "Build Project" command successfully. I'm told I may have to reinstall Codelite as Adminsitrator then grant myself the correct privledges to Codelite.exe.

Windows security is such a pain - setting permissions in Linux is much simpler!

Excellent IDE, by the way. Lots of very helpful features and easy to use. Given the effort it takes me to write only small programs for my own use, I can only imagine the effort it takes to write, maintian and support something like this and provide it free.
Hacker John
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: FLTK with CodeLite [Compile problem fix]

Post by Hacker John »

Hi Eran, If anyone else has this problem, here is the (rough) fix - log into the admin account, create a new task that opens Codelite with full priviledges, log back into the user account and create a shortcut to the task.

Accessing the properties of Codelite.exe, I set it to run as administrator. Build now worked properly but when I start the program I got the Use Access Control (UAC) prompt, a small annoyance. To get rid of this I had to take the following steps:

1) I'm running windows 7 and this fix had to be carried out in the Administrator account. This was not enabled on my machine so as a first step, I had to do as directed on this website: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ows-vista/

2) I then logged into my Administrator account and followed the steps outlined on this site: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11 ... reate.html

Note: Create the shortcut when logged back into your own user account.