Stop on make errors?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
ironhead
CodeLite Enthusiast

Stop on make errors?

Post by ironhead »

Is it possible to configure CodeLite to stop compilation on make errors? Additionally, even if there are make errors, but no code errors, the compilation completes with '0 errors 0 warnings' (which I guess is tied to my initial question).

Cheers!
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Stop on make errors?

Post by eranif »

codelite is only running makefiles. codelite is not a compiler nor a compile tool, it simply invokes the 'make' tool - if you want the make tool behavior to change, submit a FR to GNU for this.
ironhead wrote:the compilation completes with '0 errors 0 warnings'
This means that the errors were not parsed correctly by codelite. If you find some errors that were not detected by codelite (and please submit only the error lines), post them here so we will add a regular expression to catch them (so they will counted as error lines)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
ironhead
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by ironhead »

I guess I should have explained things a little more, it's actually linker errors that I'm getting, with Make sending a general error at the end as a result of the link errors. As I understand it, 2.0 supports linker errors? Is there an example of this somewhere?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

ironhead wrote:As I understand it, 2.0 supports linker errors?
Codelite now has the mechanism to detect them.

Please paste here the link error that you are getting so I could make a regex out of it - and you could add it to your settings

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
jfouche
CodeLite Guru

Post by jfouche »

ironhead wrote:I guess I should have explained things a little more, it's actually linker errors that I'm getting, with Make sending a general error at the end as a result of the link errors. As I understand it, 2.0 supports linker errors? Is there an example of this somewhere?
you can have a look here
Jérémie
ironhead
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by ironhead »

jfouche wrote:
ironhead wrote:I guess I should have explained things a little more, it's actually linker errors that I'm getting, with Make sending a general error at the end as a result of the link errors. As I understand it, 2.0 supports linker errors? Is there an example of this somewhere?
you can have a look here
The Regex in the link you supplied works wonderfully, thank you!