What is "Disabled Code"?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
DSP_Programmer
CodeLite Veteran

What is "Disabled Code"?

Post by DSP_Programmer »

Hi,

within the syntax highlighting there is a "Disabled Code" attribute. I expected this to work on #if 0 sections. However, it does not work on these sections. What code sections are "Disabled Code"?

Is there any way I can highlight #if 0 or other undefined preprocessor sections?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: What is "Disabled Code"?

Post by eranif »

DSP_Programmer wrote:Hi,

within the syntax highlighting there is a "Disabled Code" attribute. I expected this to work on #if 0 sections. However, it does not work on these sections. What code sections are "Disabled Code"?

Is there any way I can highlight #if 0 or other undefined preprocessor sections?
Your first assumption was correct. It used to work for #if 0 code sections, however there were several bugs with (incorrect coloring) so it was removed from the code, however this options was remained and is obsolete

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
DSP_Programmer
CodeLite Veteran

Post by DSP_Programmer »

Are there any plans to re-program this feature or is parsing these sections this complicated?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

DSP_Programmer wrote:or is parsing these sections this complicated?
Its quite simple, but it seems like Scintilla is now coloring the document properly after the lexing is done - this is why this was dropped.

I will give it another shot sometime in the future.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread