Output tab in codelite--what should appear there?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
systemdlete
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Output tab in codelite--what should appear there?

Post by systemdlete »

I notice that codelite (v16.0.0 on Devuan Chimaera) has several tabs on the lower left that display various information, such as output from build. But what is the tab labeled "output" for exactly? I never see anything printed there, so I was wondering if I might have my codelite environment misconfigured (quite possible; I am new with codelite, but not with debugging generally).

Usually, output ends up in a window (an xterm) that pops up from codelite.

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Output tab in codelite--what should appear there?

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

It will show miscellaneous, usually unimportant, output. For example, running a program gave the following output:

OutputView.png

Regards,

David

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
systemdlete
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Post by systemdlete »

I never see any remarks in that output tab. I do see some noise in the debug output tab, though.

Are those messages you show in the output view's output tab coming from, say, a Makefile, or something else?

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Are those messages you show in the output view's output tab coming from, say, a Makefile, or something else?

Something else. As you can see, it's when I run ('Run active project') the program.

The information isn't exactly riveting, though...in fact I've never bothered to look there before.