How to turn off docking/undocking

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
wford35
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

How to turn off docking/undocking

Post by wford35 »

Somehow the bottom window that contains Search, Build, etc. has undocked and I cannot use Codelite effectively. Restore Default Layout does nothing. Is there a key sequence that will bring Codelite to its layout at installation? I have used Codelite for years and never had this happen.

Thanks.

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: How to turn off docking/undocking

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

Which CodeLite version? Which OS etc?

Is there a key sequence that will bring Codelite to its layout at installation?

By 'installation', I guess you mean "how it used to be", rather than literally as it was on installation. I thought there was, but I can't find it now.

AFAICT the relevant setting file is ~/.codelite/config/<layout-name>.layout (or the equivalent for Windows). I found that, for me, I had to change the state value in:
name=Output View;caption=Output View;state=10487805;
to 10487806. To test that, first do: Perspective > Save current Layout as... and call it e.g. 'Temp1'. Repeat, calling it Temp2. Then experiment on whichever Temp isn't currently active (I'd start with the last digit: presumably most of the value represents other data), switching to it after saving your alteration. If wheels fall off, you can always change your layout back to Default.

If all else fails, close CodeLite, then rename your .codelite/ dir to .codelite-bak. Restarting CodeLite will give you a fresh configuration: get the appearance how you want it, then merge the old and new .codelite/.

However prevention is better than cure. I strongly suggest that you save the fixed perspective as e.g. 'Normal' (I also have another called 'Debug'). That way you have a failsafe. Saving your whole .codelite/ is also very good idea.

Regards,

David