What CodeLite Files Contain User Settings?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
ColleenKobe
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

What CodeLite Files Contain User Settings?

Post by ColleenKobe »

Hi,

Yesterday and today, I had a sudden problem with CodeLite "losing" its settings for the MinGW compiler family. Long story short, I got CodeLite to work again, but only because I reinstalled it and chose NOT to keep my current settings. Apparently the problem was in the current settings, because after that, CodeLite found MinGW and can compile and build again.

But now I'm faced with trying to restore everything that I lost because I chose to install using the default settings. The program still won't build because it's missing settings somewhere. I think I can figure it out, but some of the settings that I know had values were things like compiler options. I've long since forgotten what compiler options we're supposed to use. I'll figure it out but it's a delay on an already late project.

Going forward, I don't want to have to rebuild my settings by hand again. I'd like to back up any file containing these settings, preferably daily.

What CodeLite file(s) contain the sort of information that is overwritten when the user selects the installation option not to save the current settings?

Thanks.
Colleen

Jarod42
CodeLite Expert

Re: What CodeLite Files Contain User Settings?

Post by Jarod42 »

Providing OS might help:

For Windows, there is

C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\codelite directory

For *nix, I think it is in

~/.codelite/

eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: What CodeLite Files Contain User Settings?

Post by eranif »

to add:

on macOS:

~/Library/Application Support/CodeLite/

Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread