Use with global settings

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
jollytall
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Use with global settings

Post by jollytall »

Under Workspace/Open Active Project Settings.../Compiler and /Linker the first option is Use with global settings. It has append as the default mode. I assume it would mean that the global settings options and the Compiler Options or Linker Options are added to the list of options. Still it does not work for me.
I have in Settings/Environment Variables.../Default a setting LinkOptions set. Then I also set in the Linker Options something, e.g. --verbose, but it is totally omitted. If I remove the LinkOption= from the Environment Variables then the --verbose works.
My question: Is it a bug, or is the append to global settings is supposed to work only with the Workspace/Open Active Project Settings.../Global Settings? If I put my global setting there then the two are appended. The problem with this approach is that the global setting is not really global, it is lost every time a new project is started. So, as it stands today, either I have to set my global settings for every new project, or I set a global variable, but then I cannot have individual settings for a given project.
How could I have real global settings and project level settings at the same time?
Thanks,

eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Use with global settings

Post by eranif »

the global means that you can set configuration to be used by all project configuration (its one of the last items in the view)

Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread