General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Noone
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Linux/Debian 10 with Codelite.

Post by Noone »

Hello,

I am just starting using Codelite for C++ programing. I don't know why it doesn't build the coding, and when I used the debugger, I get an error message regarding to TTY console. Attached is a snapshot of IDE window for my Debian 10 O.S. Thank you very much for your helps.

Best regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Linux/Debian 10 with Codelite.

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

(Which CodeLite version are you using?)

It's probably because your 'Settings > Preferences: Terminal' entry is set to a terminal that is not installed. I suggest you change it to one that is, or to the built-in 'codelite-terminal'.

Regards,

David
Noone
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by Noone »

Hello,

My Codelite version is 13.0.0. Thank you very much for your information. Now, it has another problem: I could not see the output even through it has no error in compilation. Please see the attached file. Thanks again.

Best regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

My Codelite version is 13.0.0
You can get a 14.0 buster binary here.

Your image shows the 'Output View'. If you are debugging, the 'Debugger' pane should be active, and that's where the debugger output will go. Are you trying to debug, or just to Run, the executable? Your first post said 'debug', but...

If you really are debugging, the first thing to do is to open the Debugger pane (View > Debugger Pane) and watch what happens when you run the debugger. If that doesn't show a problem, try turning on Full Debugger Logging. I can't remember exactly how that can be done in the 13.0 Debugger pane but, if you are using gdb, you can always do it from: Settings > GDB settings: Misc.