Additional build rules don't appear to be being applied

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
philjynx

Additional build rules don't appear to be being applied

Post by philjynx »

Hi, I'm trying to incorportate RTMidi into my app.
According to http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~gary/rtmidi ... #compiling there are a number of switches and defines that need to be added.
Since I am on Linux and ALSA is the name of the game here, those options are in the first row of the table at that URL.
I have added those in settings/build settings in codelite, yet there's no sign of them in my build output.

Code: Select all

/bin/sh -c '/usr/bin/make -j4 -e -f  Makefile'
----------Building project:[ LastTry - Debug ]----------
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/phil/RPiInterface/CodeLite/LastTry'
/usr/bin/g++  -c  "/home/phil/RPiInterface/CodeLite/LastTry/GR55SettingsClass.cpp" -g -O0 -Wall -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0-unofficial -I/usr/include/wx-3.0-unofficial -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -pthread   -o ./Debug/GR55SettingsClass.cpp.o -I. -I.
/usr/bin/g++  -c  "/home/phil/RPiInterface/CodeLite/LastTry/MainFrame.cpp" -g -O0 -Wall -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0-unofficial -I/usr/include/wx-3.0-unofficial -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -pthread   -o ./Debug/MainFrame.cpp.o -I. -I.
/usr/bin/g++  -c  "/home/phil/RPiInterface/CodeLite/LastTry/RtMidi.cpp" -g -O0 -Wall -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0-unofficial -I/usr/include/wx-3.0-unofficial -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -pthread   -o ./Debug/RtMidi.cpp.o -I. -I.
/usr/bin/g++  -c  "/home/phil/RPiInterface/CodeLite/LastTry/wxcrafter_bitmaps.cpp" -g -O0 -Wall -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0-unofficial -I/usr/include/wx-3.0-unofficial -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -pthread   -o ./Debug/wxcrafter_bitmaps.cpp.o -I. -I.
/usr/bin/g++  -c  "/home/phil/RPiInterface/CodeLite/LastTry/main.cpp" -g -O0 -Wall -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0-unofficial -I/usr/include/wx-3.0-unofficial -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -pthread   -o ./Debug/main.cpp.o -I. -I.
/usr/bin/g++  -c  "/home/phil/RPiInterface/CodeLite/LastTry/KatanaSettingsClass.cpp" -g -O0 -Wall -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0-unofficial -I/usr/include/wx-3.0-unofficial -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -pthread   -o ./Debug/KatanaSettingsClass.cpp.o -I. -I.
/usr/bin/g++  -c  "/home/phil/RPiInterface/CodeLite/LastTry/wxcrafter.cpp" -g -O0 -Wall -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0-unofficial -I/usr/include/wx-3.0-unofficial -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -pthread   -o ./Debug/wxcrafter.cpp.o -I. -I.
/usr/bin/g++ -o ./Debug/LastTry @"LastTry.txt" -L.   -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -pthread   -lwx_gtk2u_unofficial_xrc-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_unofficial_webview-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_unofficial_html-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_unofficial_qa-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_unofficial_adv-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_unofficial_core-3.0 -lwx_baseu_unofficial_xml-3.0 -lwx_baseu_unofficial_net-3.0 -lwx_baseu_unofficial-3.0
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/phil/RPiInterface/CodeLite/LastTry'
====0 errors, 0 warnings====
Have I misunderstood something, hit a wrong key?
I've gone back in and checked the build settings, to make sure that they had been saved, they are still there but appear not to do anything.
philjynx

Re: Additional build rules don't appear to be being applied

Post by philjynx »

I suspect I've made my changes in the wrong place, I'm looking at project settings now :oops:

Yep, that was it. My app can now 'see' ALSA.

This is starting to be a satisfying game!.....