Code Completion not working for me

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
BigAl
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Code Completion not working for me

Post by BigAl »

This feature is one of main factors in my going with CodeLite, but it's not working (yet).
I've read the docs on how it is set up. But where is claims I should see auto-populated paths, there are just blank.

I'm running on CentOS7, and my project (clang compiled) builds, runs & debugs as expected.
The auto-completion works, meaning that a dialog automatically pops up as I'm typing to suggest the completion of function names or variable names, etc..
But when I do "." or "->" nothing happens.

For instance:

Code: Select all

#include <string>
std::string foo;
foo.
No dialog with message suggestions appears.

Under Workspace->(right click)->Workspace Settings->Code Completion, both Search Paths and Macros are empty.
Under Project->(right click)->Settings->Code Completion, both Search Paths and Macros are empty.
Under Settings->(drop down)->Code Completion..., everything remains the default from installation and that Clang tab has everything greyed out.

My assumption is that the lack of auto-populated paths in those dialogs is my issue but I don't know what I can do about that.

Thanks
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Code Completion not working for me

Post by eranif »

If CodeLite can't complete this for you, it means it can't find <string>
This is configured globally (per compiler)

Can you confirm that from the Menu bar:
'Settings->Code Completion->CTags->Search paths' contains valid and correct search paths?
If this is empty, click on the 'Suggest' button and see if it works
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread