Setting up SFTP plugin with passphrase

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
rossos
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Setting up SFTP plugin with passphrase

Post by rossos »

I'm struggling to get the SFTP plugin to work with a public/private key pair. I am running the 64-bit 10.0 version on Windows 7. I have both public and private files stored within C:\Users\username\.ssh\ and the host+username information entered correctly within the SFTP plugin "SSH Account Manager". Using the same host information together with putty-converted versions of the same public/private keys, I can connect successfully to a SSH terminal using putty from the same machine. With the SFTP plugin in CL, every time I try to "test connection" from the SSH Account Manager, I am given the error that "Interactive keyboard is not enabled for this server". This happens when I enter the private-key passphrase in the password field, and also when I leave the password field blank to force the SFTP plugin to try the local key files.

I'm not sure how to proceed on debugging this problem; perhaps I'm just using the plugin incorrectly to start with. Any suggestions?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Setting up SFTP plugin with passphrase

Post by eranif »

I just tested it and it works without a problem (CodeLite on Windows 7, Host machine: Debian 8)
Make sure that:

- id_rsa.pub file is located under C:\Users\username\.ssh\
- the content of id_rsa.pub is copied into /home/YOU/.ssh/authorized_keys (assuming you are using Linux machine)
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread