General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
ColinTaylor
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

CppCheck plugin - how to exclude folder

Post by ColinTaylor »

Codelite 10.0.0 / Windows 10

Does anyone know of a setting to exclude a folder from being analysed by the CppCheck plugin? The Exclude tab on the CppCheck settings dialog only allows me to select files, not folders.

I'm seeing a huge number of warnings being reported about wxWidgets files (example output below - just the first few lines ;)) and I'd rather these weren't included

Secondly I've unticked the portability check in the CppCheck plugin settings panel but am still seeing warnings such as
E:\Dev\wxWidgets-3.1.0-64bit\include\wx\string.h:1272: portability: The extra qualification 'wxString::' is unnecessary and is considered an error by many compilers.

First few lines of typical CppCheck output as follows ...
Starting cppcheck: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /C E:\Dev\CodeLite\codelite_cppcheck.exe --enable=style --enable=performance --enable=unusedFunction --enable=missingInclude --enable=information --std=posix -IF:\CodeLiteWorkspaces\ActiveProjects --template gcc -IE:\Dev\wxWidgets-3.1.0-64bit\include -IE:\Dev\wxWidgets-3.1.0-64bit\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IF:\CodeliteWorkspaces\ActiveProjects\CDPlayer -IF:\CodeliteWorkspaces\ActiveProjects\MediaFilesLib -IF:\CodeliteWorkspaces\ActiveProjects\WxReusablesLib -IF:\CodeliteWorkspaces\ActiveProjects\X11ColourDialog -D__WX__ -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DNDEBUG -D_UNICODE -DWXUSINGDLL --file-list=F:\CodeliteWorkspaces\ActiveProjects\.codelite\cppcheck.list
Checking F:\CodeliteWorkspaces\ActiveProjects\CDPlayer\AudioCDInterface.cpp...
E:\Dev\wxWidgets-3.1.0-64bit\include\wx\string.h:1272: portability: The extra qualification 'wxString::' is unnecessary and is considered an error by many compilers.
E:\Dev\wxWidgets-3.1.0-64bit\include\wx\list.h:528: portability: The extra qualification 'wxListBase::' is unnecessary and is considered an error by many compilers.
E:\Dev\wxWidgets-3.1.0-64bit\include\wx\datetime.h:1907: error: Reference to temporary returned.
E:\Dev\wxWidgets-3.1.0-64bit\include\wx\list.h:528: style: C-style pointer casting
E:\Dev\wxWidgets-3.1.0-64bit\include\wx\list.h:1131: style: C-style pointer casting