compiler path

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
rafael
CodeLite Curious

compiler path

Post by rafael »

Where do I put the path to GCC?
There isn't any place in build setting asking for it
do I need to put it in my environment variables?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: compiler path

Post by eranif »

The compiler settings can be configured from:
Settings -> Build Settings -> Compilers

Now, if you are using 'g++', just select the g++ tab there, and the 'Tools' sub-tab
By default CodeLite uses g++ with no path, it assumes that it is in your path.
To modify it, you can do:

1. Instead of 'Compiler Name' g++, you can place there the full path of the compiler
2. Lets assumes that all your tools are located at: C:\MinGW\bin, than, define new environment variables (Settings -> Environment Variables) that points to that location, and use it in the compiler name, so the g++ is now become: $(MINGW)\g++
3. The easiest way to do it, is to add C:\MinGW\bin to your path (again, I am assuming that the gcc tools are located under C:\MinGW), go to 'Settings -> Environment Variables' define new variable:
Name: PATH
Value: $(PATH);C:\MinGW\bin
this appends C:\MinGW\bin to your system path (ofc, only in the IDE). Once set, there is nothing more to update.

PS: Please specify OS next time
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
rafael
CodeLite Curious

Re: compiler path

Post by rafael »

eranif wrote:The compiler settings can be configured from:
Settings -> Build Settings -> Compilers

Now, if you are using 'g++', just select the g++ tab there, and the 'Tools' sub-tab
By default CodeLite uses g++ with no path, it assumes that it is in your path.
To modify it, you can do:

1. Instead of 'Compiler Name' g++, you can place there the full path of the compiler
2. Lets assumes that all your tools are located at: C:\MinGW\bin, than, define new environment variables (Settings -> Environment Variables) that points to that location, and use it in the compiler name, so the g++ is now become: $(MINGW)\g++
3. The easiest way to do it, is to add C:\MinGW\bin to your path (again, I am assuming that the gcc tools are located under C:\MinGW), go to 'Settings -> Environment Variables' define new variable:
Name: PATH
Value: $(PATH);C:\MinGW\bin
this appends C:\MinGW\bin to your system path (ofc, only in the IDE). Once set, there is nothing more to update.
thanks
eranif wrote: PS: Please specify OS next time
Eran
sorry, I forgot
I'll remember next time