Collapse windows

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Collapse windows

Post by foxmuldr »

There are options on panes right now for maximize and close only. It needs to have a minimize option so it can be shrunk down to a tiny footprint, consuming less screen real-estate when it's not needed, able to be expanded back to its prior size when needed. I believe previous versions of Codelite had this. It is missed greatly.
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Re: Collapse windows

Post by foxmuldr »

Eran,

I would be happy to code this. If the ability does not exist natively in wxWidgets, then I have a simple idea ... add the third icon and when clicked, have it shrink down (horizontally or vertically depending on its orientation) to be only as wide/tall as the three icons, then when clicked again to restore its width or height to its previous settings.

Workable?
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

This sounds like a good idea - I will be waiting for you pull request ;)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Post by foxmuldr »

eranif wrote:This sounds like a good idea - I will be waiting for you pull request ;)
Eran
Alrighty. :-) Where's the form or base class source code for the title bar rendering algorithm? It looks like it's directly in the wxWidgets code ... correct? Are there flags that can be set in Codelite for the top-level "Output View" level wxFrame(??)s? maybe this feature already exists and just needs a flag set in the Codelite base class for dockable parent container items.
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Post by foxmuldr »

I can't find it. If you know where the base class reference is that passes those options in to the manager, and the onEvent() handler for the minimize button click... I'll be happy to implement it in code, test it, etc for the pull. Apart from that ... I just don't know enough about Codelite and wx.
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

Sorry for the delay in the replies, but i am currently out of the country. I will check the code once i will settle down
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread