Code Completion and other options missing

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
merlin3000
CodeLite Curious

Code Completion and other options missing

Post by merlin3000 »

I'm having some trouble understanding what is going one with my code completion.
Last time I've used CodeLite it worked fine for everything I wrote, from variables name, functions name, etc.. but now with the latest relase only system keyword appears. The other keywords only appear if I click ctrl+space. Is this normal behaviour?

Also, were are the options to change code completion stuff? Like the miliseconds till it appears, and things like that. Another option I can't find anymore is the one that lets me choose the text font.

Are this option gone or am I just not finding them? I've searched over the last 3 releases annoucemments trying to find something relevant to this but with no success.

One thing that could be added to code completion is (as someone said in a post earlier) to add the "help" from functions or methods to the code completion. But I think it would be better to use a netbeans style, in which a second window appears attached to the first one, with the relevant information about the selected word. This allows something like scrolling, or even the inclusion of links and deprecated sections.

A problem I've found in the already implemented method to show the type info tooltip (with comments) is that when I hover the mouse over the name of the function,if there's another function with the same name I will always see the comment for the first one in the list ( I think they are ordered by alphabetic order ).
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Code Completion and other options missing

Post by eranif »

merlin3000 wrote:The other keywords only appear if I click ctrl+space. Is this normal behaviour?
Yes, codelite does not force the code completion on you, you need to hit Ctrl-SPACE for it to appear
merlin3000 wrote:Also, were are the options to change code completion stuff? Like the miliseconds till it appears
Unlike other editors you worked with, there is no timeout, when u click Ctrl-SPACE it appears. Anyways, the code completion settings are 'settings->tags sesttings'
merlin3000 wrote:Another option I can't find anymore is the one that lets me choose the text font.
usually, font can be modified from 'settings -> syntax highlight'
merlin3000 wrote:One thing that could be added to code completion is (as someone said in a post earlier) to add the "help" from functions or methods to the code completion. But I think it would be better to use a netbeans style, in which a second window appears attached to the first one, with the relevant information about the selected word. This allows something like scrolling, or even the inclusion of links and deprecated sections.

A problem I've found in the already implemented method to show the type info tooltip (with comments) is that when I hover the mouse over the name of the function,if there's another function with the same name I will always see the comment for the first one in the list ( I think they are ordered by alphabetic order ).
I am aware if the fact that the "comments" does not appear as they should and it will be fixed

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
merlin3000
CodeLite Curious

Post by merlin3000 »

Ohhh.. I see, but it was always like that? I was under the impression last release I used, the code completion was always activated and I seem to remember the time bar. (I've not used CodeLite in a while since my last classes have been on other laguages like prolog and .net so I might be confusing something)

Can an option be added, kind of a "always on" code completion? I can make a feature request if needed.

Thanks for all the hard work, quick replies and a great IDE :)
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

merlin3000 wrote:Ohhh.. I see, but it was always like that?
Yes
merlin3000 wrote:Can an option be added, kind of a "always on" code completion? I can make a feature request if needed.
A FR is always a good idea, so things wont get lost (I am not sure it will be implemented... but you never know ;))

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
merlin3000
CodeLite Curious

Post by merlin3000 »

Done. Crossing my fingers for this one lol