Meiner
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Visability of Workspace View tabs, no scrolling in settings

Post by Meiner »

Hi,

I have two little problems with the CodeLite:

1. In the workspace view I can't navigate properly between the different tabs (e.g. scrolling is not possible). To see all tabs there I have to resize the view to the appropiate size. When activate a tab with the drop down list I don't see the activated tab (in the tab bar, e.g. I only see the first three tabs with standard width of the workspace view). Is that intended?

EDIT: Is it somehow possible to deactivate more tabs in the workspace view than "Workspace, Explorer, Tabs and Tabgroup"?

2. In the menu windows (e.g. Editor Settings) I miss a scrolling feature too (bug or intended?). I have to resize (especially in the height) the window to see all entries.

Meiner
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Visability of Workspace View tabs, no scrolling in setti

Post by eranif »

Meiner wrote:In the workspace view I can't navigate properly between the different tabs (e.g. scrolling is not possible). To see all tabs there I have to resize the view to the appropiate size. When activate a tab with the drop down list I don't see the activated tab (in the tab bar, e.g. I only see the first three tabs with standard width of the workspace view). Is that intended?
I am not sure I am following you here. Can you please post a screenshot of the problem? Can you also provide the relevant information? (Please read the HOW TO POST thread)
Meiner wrote:EDIT: Is it somehow possible to deactivate more tabs in the workspace view than "Workspace, Explorer, Tabs and Tabgroup"?
These 4 are the 'core' and are part of codelite. The rest are from plugins. You can deactivate the plugins if you don't need them (this will free up some space)

Meiner wrote:2. In the menu windows (e.g. Editor Settings)

Which menu is that?
Meiner wrote:I miss a scrolling feature too (bug or intended?).
Intended
Meiner wrote: I have to resize (especially in the height) the window to see all entries.
This dialog is in the queue for a re-design

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Meiner
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Post by Meiner »

Thanks for your response. I have added screenshots with some comments (the situation is the same for the output view, when having Codelite resized to a too small width). This behaviour attracts my attention because I use editors or IDEs often in "half-full-screen" mode, but disabling some not used plugins works well at the moment. Further information:

CodeLite: 6.0 (not self compiled)
Compiler: gcc/g++ 4.8.1 (MinGW version)
Which menu is that?
Settings->Global Editor Preferences->...
This dialog is in the queue for a re-design
Ah ok. Thanks for that information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

The tabs not moving is a problem with wxWidgets...
This bug should be reported to wxWidgets

Opening codelite to show all the available tabs in the workspace view, will cause it take 1/2 of the screen width...

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread