Issue: Multiple Carets with Code Completion

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
caibbor
CodeLite Veteran
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Issue: Multiple Carets with Code Completion

Post by caibbor »

I'm not making this one a bug report or feature request just yet because I reckon it might be an issue with wxWidgets or Scintilla or something else, but...

when you place multiple caret using CTRL+LClick, or Alt+Click&Drag, or by using the "Multiple Select" feature of Quick Find, any code completion options that you accept will paste only at the most recent placed caret and all the other carets will disappear.

I've attached images of the CodeLite editor in order to illustrate what I mean. The "expected" screenshot is manually edited to look like what I expect, it is not what CL actually does.

If this is something you don't want to look into, I would appreciate any hints as to how to fix this myself and submitting a patch. I don't mind getting my hands dirty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caibbor
CodeLite Veteran
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Re: Issue: Multiple Carets with Code Completion

Post by caibbor »

I just noticed that this is also an issue with keywords. For example, if you have two selections with two carets, if at any time what you're typing turns into a keyword, everything is deselected immediately.