Tooltips' font

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
marfi
CodeLite Expert

Tooltips' font

Post by marfi »

Why??? Why tooltip's font has been changed from nice and handy monospace to (probably) system font? My system font is Sans 9 and nearly all tooltips exceed the screen width so I can't see its whole content now.... :( Is there any way how to set the tooltip's font? And the output panels' font? Btw. maybe it would be a good idea to display tooltips in such way they will be whole visible - now, if the (even short) tooltip is displayed at the right side of the editor, you can see nothing....
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Tooltips' font

Post by eranif »

marfi wrote:Why??? Why tooltip's font has been changed from nice and handy monospace to (probably) system font? My system font is Sans 9 and nearly all tooltips exceed the screen width so I can't see its whole content now....
Since on most computers, the monospace font is larger than the GUI default font. and it was changed from the exact reason you mentioned.
marfi wrote:And the output panels' font?
No.
marfi wrote:maybe it would be a good idea to display tooltips in such way they will be whole visible - now, if the (even short) tooltip is displayed at the right side of the editor, you can see nothing....
Point taken. I will make this configurable.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
marfi
CodeLite Expert

Post by marfi »

Point taken. I will make this configurable.
Thanx, that would be a nice feature. I have also one suggestion for output panel's behaviour: in some panels the font's size can be changed via ctrl+mouse wheel. It would be nice if this change was persistent.

Regards
marfi
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

A fix for the font now exist in the SVN

Eran
marfi
CodeLite Expert

Post by marfi »

Hi,
it is nice to hear about that but I'm using SVN 2581 and all fonts are just like before... How works the fix you wrote about?

Regards
marfi
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

settings -> synatx highlight & fonts

Once this dialog is loaded, you will need to load defaults, (otherwise you wont see the new option at the bottom)

Once clicked 'Defaults', scroll down in the list box, and you will see 'Calltip' -> select the calltip font & size and you are set

Eran
marfi
CodeLite Expert

Post by marfi »

Nice work, thanx!