Column numbering

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Gibbon1
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Column numbering

Post by Gibbon1 »

Um... this may be yet another silly question.

I've noticed that codelite starts column numbering at '0'. Other tools I use, Programmers notepad, Winmerge, Visual Studio start at '1'. Is there any way to get codelite to display column numbers as counting numbers '1, 2, 3,...'?
Jarod42
CodeLite Expert

Re: Column numbering

Post by Jarod42 »

An other option in the same domain:
that tabulation count as 1 for column instead of the number of space it would takes.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Jarod42 wrote:that tabulation count as 1 for column instead of the number of space it would takes
I am pretty much sure that the column numbering is taken from scintilla API function and not something that I calculate manually
I need to check that
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
petah
CodeLite Expert
IDE Question: c++

Post by petah »

actually we discussed this a long time ago and since then I apply the attached patch to my custom CL builds.

The patch affects any ASCII art (like comments) so If some users prefer the current indexing I suggest adding a CL env variable defaulting to the current behavior, so users that prefer 1-based indexing can enable it without disturbing others.

Which indexing is "correct" is debatable; different editors pick one or the other... and to be a propos we don't have a January zero, for example :D

cheers,

-- p
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
main: Debian Jessie x64 + custom wxTrunk