General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
RedneckGeek
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Cloning physical directory structure when importing files

Post by RedneckGeek »

Hi,

When importing files from a directory, it would be REAL nice if the virtual folders were created in the same hierarchy as that of the actual disk layout. This is to say, if a real folder contains subfolders (which may contain subfolders, ad nauseum...) the import operation would layout the virtual directory structure the same way. The linear fashion currently implemented isn't good if, for instance, a project contains "source" and "header" directories which themselves contain subdirectories with identical names. I don't want to see my headers and source files mixed together, and imagine there are others who would prefer not too as well. Don't read this with the wrong tone, I like CL very much, but having to create the proper layout is a nuisance and has kept me from using it with large, existing codebases.

Thanks for listening :)
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Cloning physical directory structure when importing file

Post by eranif »

Strange that you say that - importing a folder will usually create the same virtual folder layout
Did you try it or are you assuming that it will be created with the wrong layout?

EDIT:
Please specify you OS and codelite version
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
RedneckGeek
CodeLite Curious

Re: Cloning physical directory structure when importing file

Post by RedneckGeek »

Hi Eran,

I've actually done it earlier this morning, but it must be the manner in which I selected the directories that caused the effect. I just now attempted to build a test case to show you and it generates the correct virtual layout. 'Tis a puzzle... I'll see if I can recreate the behavior later, until then forget I said anything.

Thanks for your quick attention!