Where did wxFormBuilder dissapear to?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
wittend
CodeLite Enthusiast

Where did wxFormBuilder dissapear to?

Post by wittend »

I updated (by uninstall & reinstall) my installation of (the wonderful...) Codelite to 1.0.2419 yesterday on two Windows machines. Most of my configuration choices for the editor, etc. seem to have survived intact. Projects (both GUI and command line) that built before continue to build, clean, and rebuild as expected.

But now I seem to have two difficulties. The Gizmos toolbar does not appear and the View-->Toolbars menu option is grayed out. And I cannot find any options to create a new wxWidgets workspace or to invoke wxFormBuilder. Under Plugins->wxFormBuilder all of the settings are correct and remain as before.

Where have I gone astray?

I am comparing everything to the 1.0.2304 installation on FreeBSD (the latest in the ports collection) which works fine. Unfortunately I cannot find a straightforward way to install wxFormbuilder on FreeBSD, as there seems to be no supported port for that. I have not tried my Ubuntu boxes yet.

Dave W.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Where did wxFormBuilder dissapear to?

Post by eranif »

settings -> editor -> misc -> untick 'use single toolbar'

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
wittend
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by wittend »

eranif wrote:settings -> editor -> misc -> untick 'use single toolbar'

Eran
Oh that! I was glad to see that I could avoid wasting screen space showing a second toolbar, so it was the first thing I selected. Curses, foiled again!

Thanks,

Dave W.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

wittend wrote:Oh that! I was glad to see that I could avoid wasting screen space showing a second toolbar,
You can still use singe toolbar...

As part of this feature, I made sure that all the toolbars functionalities is accessible via menus as well.
So, the new wxwidgets project button is under PLugins -> Gizmos -> new wxWidgets ...

(I myself am using single toolbar as well)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread