General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
petah
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

CallGraph failed to save file with DOT language

Post by petah »

Hi,

I get "CallGraph failed to save file with DOT language, please build the project again".

I'm using CL 4.1.5770 on Debian Wheezy x64, have -pg on both compiling+linking, both gprof and dot are where they should be.

CL log doesn't seem to have more info, looking at the plugin source I see it's not finding a file but it's not clear what prevented it from being generated.

Is there a way to get more verbose plugin logs or am I missing something trivial?

Awesome IDE, congrats!

thx,

-- p
main: Debian Jessie x64 + custom wxTrunk
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: CallGraph failed to save file with DOT language

Post by eranif »

I will ask MichalB (the Author of this plugin to see if he can have a look at this as he does not hang on the forum much
However, he is pretty regular on codelite's IRC channel @ irc.freenode.net #codelite - he goes by the name 'michalb'

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
petah
CodeLite Expert

Post by petah »

CallGraph's wxFileName logic seems to be broken on Linux (Debian/Gtk at least); I redirected its gprof/dot cmds to a small Lua script and saw arguments' paths were mangled / over-concatenated.

Identifying the problem was non-trivial because some errors show up in CL's Trace window (which is a bitch to cut&paste from on Gtk), others in ~/.xsession-errors while CL's own log stays mum no matter how verbose.

If MichalB wants to get in touch with me we can ping-pong fixes until it works on all platforms, otherwise I'll probably rewrite a plugin from scratch with mostly C/Lua glue code so the Lua logic can be patched without needing recompilation.

-- p
petah
CodeLite Expert

Post by petah »

I'm gonna try to fix the CallGraph plugin under Linux/Gtk, could someone please post a CallGraph screenshot generated on Windows or Mac so I have an idea what to aim for ?

thx!

-- p
petah
CodeLite Expert

Post by petah »

just a FYI that the logic of the CallGraph plugin wasn't flawed like I thought earlier; when the graph space was overwhelmed by wxString calls it really was because they used most CPU time. I still think the plugin code is not realistically maintainable (at least by me!) because there's way too much hardcoded stuff, so if I were to give callgraphs another go I'd most likely start from scratch or another codebase.

cheers,

-- p