GDB and QEMU

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

GDB and QEMU

Post by foxmuldr »

I have some custom code I've written which runs in a bootup QEMU floppy.img file, writing the boot sector, and loading compiled assembly files into memory. They work, and I am able to use QEMU to setup gdbserver mode, and remote into the machine to debug the virtual CPU.

I was wondering if there's a way in CodeLite to remote into QEMU and retrieve disassembly, register and query memory addresses in a binary/machine-code like way? Something like in Microsoft's Debugger if you enter some code that doesn't have a PDB file it will show disassembly, registers, etc.

Is something like this possible in CodeLite for code at unknown addresses?

Thanks! :)
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: GDB and QEMU

Post by eranif »

Atm, There is no disassembly support for codelite

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
ndivner
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by ndivner »

Hi,

I am currently working on extensions to CodeLite to have a Disassembly Pane and further Notebook pages to the Debugger pane for Registers and Peripheral Registers. This is pretty much a work in progress as I first have to come to grips with CodeLite internals to make it happen. I hope to have a progress report in the next week.

Best regards,

Noel Diviney.
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Post by foxmuldr »

ndivner wrote:I am currently working on extensions to CodeLite to have a Disassembly Pane and further Notebook pages to the Debugger pane for Registers and Peripheral Registers.
:D
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org