General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
midisa
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

My suggestions or questions.

Post by midisa »

1. After building the application.
A. If you poke the mouse in the editing area, it is necessary to close the window Output. This window is annoying. It is necessary, but it should be shut down automatically. If you poke the mouse in the editing area, then this window should close.
B. If we're in debug mode, then the workspace (the code) is not visible. Again prevents the window Output. In debug mode it I do not need. It bothers me and close the program code.

2. The latest version, you have a filter function. This is great! And where the filter header files? I am writing to include, put these characters ("") but there is a huge list of files. If you put these characters (""), then you want to display only files of the current project directory.

3. I have not found where the boosters. I need boosters. For example, I write the text Mess (press a keyboard shortcut) and the editor himself wrote the text (which I will point out to him). For example, wxMessageBox (wxT (""));
And it is very important that the cursor is located where I need it.
Or I write 'if', (press a keyboard shortcut) editor write:
if()
{
}
etc.
4. Search for words or functions. The program should find all the words that are in the project and show the hierarchy (see picture).

5. The entire program must be adapted to work with the keyboard. About the menu, etc. to forget. For example, I want to comment on the text. I select the text and click-wheel. The text must be enclosed in these characters / * text * /.
It's easy. Necessary to inspect the initial position of isolation and the end position selection. If they do not match, the editor adds these characters at the start position and end position.
Various techniques from the keyboard, strongly increase the usability of your program. Second example. I created a bookmark. I want to move from one tab to another. This should happen by pressing Alt arrow left or arrow to the right. I also want to see my bookmarks in a hierarchy (list).

I really want to use your editor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: My suggestions or questions.

Post by eranif »

I will try to reply on all of your comments:
midisa wrote:A. If you poke the mouse in the editing area, it is necessary to close the window Output. This window is annoying. It is necessary, but it should be shut down automatically. If you poke the mouse in the editing area, then this window should close.
'Settings -> Global Editor Preferences -> Docking Windows' and enable the option ' When user clicks inside the editor, hide the output pane'
midisa wrote:B. If we're in debug mode, then the workspace (the code) is not visible. Again prevents the window Output. In debug mode it I do not need. It bothers me and close the program code.
Please submit a feature request for this here:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_ ... tid=979963
midisa wrote:2. The latest version, you have a filter function. This is great! And where the filter header files? I am writing to include, put these characters ("") but there is a huge list of files. If you put these characters (""), then you want to display only files of the current project directory.
I am not sure what you mean here, but try clicking 'Ctrl-Space' when inside an #include statement
midisa wrote:3. I have not found where the boosters. I need boosters. For example, I write the text Mess (press a keyboard shortcut) and the editor himself wrote the text (which I will point out to him). For example, wxMessageBox (wxT (""));
And it is very important that the cursor is located where I need it.
Or I write 'if', (press a keyboard shortcut) editor write:
if()
{
}
etc.
I will assume that you are talking about 'Abbreviations', have a look at 'Plugins -> Abbreviations'. The default keyboard shortcut is 'Ctrl-Alt-Space'
midisa wrote:4. Search for words or functions. The program should find all the words that are in the project and show the hierarchy (see picture).
There is already a feature request for this, for now you can use either 'cscope' plugin or use the built-in 'Find In Files' (in the latest trunk, it also contains an options to hide matches found inside strings and comments)
midisa wrote:5. The entire program must be adapted to work with the keyboard. About the menu, etc. to forget. For example, I want to comment on the text. I select the text and click-wheel. The text must be enclosed in these characters / * text * /.
It's easy. Necessary to inspect the initial position of isolation and the end position selection. If they do not match, the editor adds these characters at the start position and end position.
Various techniques from the keyboard, strongly increase the usability of your program. Second example. I created a bookmark. I want to move from one tab to another. This should happen by pressing Alt arrow left or arrow to the right. I also want to see my bookmarks in a hierarchy (list)
99% of the operations in codelite can be done using keyboard (including commenting selected text), to learn more about keyboard shortcuts, look at 'Settings -> Keyboard Shortucts...' there is a bug under Linux that prevents some keyboard shortcuts to be applied correctly, so you will need to replace them with something that works under Linux.

For example, to comment the current line (using C++ comment style) click 'Ctrl-/', to comment the selected text with C-Style comment (/* .. */) use 'Ctrl-Shift-/' if one of the above shortcuts does not work for you under Linux, replace them with something that does.

In addition, codelite contains some other useful features which many people are not aware of, for example: clicking Ctrl-Shift-D when the mouse is placed on a function line, will make codelite to insert a doxygen comment on for that function/class

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread