irfans
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Workspace folders. mount.cifs, build

Post by irfans »

Installation: Redhat 5.2.4 gcc 4.1.2

Hi,
I've built a set of cross platform projects (static libs, shared libs and executables) in a workspace but I have experienced the following problems:

1. Codelite seems to hang when creating its workspace files on a mounted windows share using mount.cifs. Projects files are fine. This means I need to store my workspace file outside the mounted windows share, which is where I have my source control. Is this a known problem?

2. Is it possible to have virtual folders at the workspace level? i.e. not under a project but under the workspace. I like to order my projects into categories. Visual Studio provides solution folders to achieve this. Can you do this in codelite?

3. I can't seem to setup the project dependencies. I have to build it twice for it to build everything correctly. Where can I list each projects dependencies?

4. My static library project needs to combine several static libraries into one large one. I understand I need to ar -x to extract the members out of each dependent library and relink to create a larger library. Is there anyway of achieving this in the GUI? It seems that the linker options are ignored for static libraries projects?

Thanks for a great IDE,

Kind regards,

Irfan