General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
aprilmot
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Maximum Number of Files or Tagging Elements

Post by aprilmot »

Hello Eran,
I have planned to use CodeLite for a project which has almost 2300files in it. We will have almost 80000 Taggable Elements in them. In future the number of files and the Taggable elements will grow. Will this affects CodeLite performance. Can SQLite handle such a big database.

Please let me know the limit(files/taggable elements) upto which CodeLite can handle without major performance difference. Also is it possible to replace SQLite by MYSQL/PostGre for storing Taggable Elements.

Thank you in Advance
Aprilmot.
Long Live the Open Source and Humanity
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Maximum Number of Files or Tagging Elements

Post by eranif »

aprilmot wrote:I have planned to use CodeLite for a project which has almost 2300files in it. We will have almost 80000 Taggable Elements in them. In future the number of files and the Taggable elements will grow. Will this affects CodeLite performance. Can SQLite handle such a big database.
codelite project is using codelite itself for developing. there are about 1500 source files in codelite workspace without any performance impact. I don't think it will be a problem (there are 102,800 tags in codelite's tags file)
aprilmot wrote:Also is it possible to replace SQLite by MYSQL/PostGre for storing Taggable Elements.
It is possible, but for its purpose, SQLite is the fastest between the three.
MYSQL/PGSQL are good databases when high level of concurrency is required (which is not the case in codelite)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread