Search/Find Wrap Around

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
ds_on_cl
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Search/Find Wrap Around

Post by ds_on_cl »

I'm now using version 2.5.24031 The default for whether Find wraps the search around the top and bottom of the file seams to have changed. It used to say when I was wrapping the search and now it doesn't. I'd like it to stop the search when I wrap around. How can I re-enable that? (I understand that some people like it to silently wrap - I'm cool with that being an option, sure; but I'd like to have the option to have it stop or at least notify me). Thanks! :)
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Search/Find Wrap Around

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

In Settings > Global Editor Preferences: Dialogs you should find a list of 'annoying' dialogs that you've provided do/don't answers for. I have 'Wrap around Find operation' ticked; I suspect that you do too.

If you untick it, it should show you the dialog each time.

Regards,

David
ds_on_cl
CodeLite Enthusiast
IDE Question: c++

Post by ds_on_cl »

I wondered about that before I posted. I should have mentioned that my list in that panel is empty. I mean there are no entries at all in the list of dialogs that have been marked as annoying.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

ds_on_cl wrote:I wondered about that before I posted. I should have mentioned that my list in that panel is empty. I mean there are no entries at all in the list of dialogs that have been marked as annoying.
The QuickFindBar never honored that settings as it should - it was a bug.

Fixed in trunk now

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread