FTD3XX 64-bit DLL file not being found during linking

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
ColleenKobe
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

FTD3XX 64-bit DLL file not being found during linking

Post by ColleenKobe »

I'm trying to build a 64-bit Windows program that #includes FTD3XX.h and links in the file FTD3xx.dll. These FTD3XX files come from https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d3xx-drivers/. I'm using the v1.3.0.10 device driver. It is 64 bits. I used to use their 32 bit driver and was able to easily build my projects. But since the change to 64 bits, I haven't EVER been able to build my projects. And unfortunately, staying at 32 bits is not an option for this project.

My files all compile perfectly, without errors.

But the build consistently fails. The error messages I get are in the form:

"...undefined reference to _imp__FT_Create@12'"
"...undefined reference to
_imp__FT_Copy@4'"

So it LOOKS like FTD3XX.dll is not getting found.

But my Project Linker settings value for "Libraries Search Path" is the directory containing the source files. FTD3XX.h and FTD3XX.dll reside in the source directory. The code compiles perfectly (ie the compiler finds and uses FTD3XX.h), so I am sure FTD3XX.dll can be found by the linker.

Got any ideas how I can fix this problem?

I do have a tiny test workspace with a short main program gives the same error messages as my great big workspace. I can post it, if you're interested. Or send you the workspace, if that's quicker to debug.

I've contacted FTDI and sent them my tiny test workspace. My correspondent has been very courteous and warned me that their code is written for MSFT Visual Studio, but he also said that he would pass my issue and my test code on to their developers.

Thanks.

Colleen Kobe