Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Cppcheck : "Your Cppcheck installation is broken..." message

Post by spert »

Hi,

I have following configuration:

Code: Select all

Windows 7, 64 bit
Codelite 7.0 64 Bit (installed from codelite-amd64-7.0.exe)
  installation dir: C:\Program Files\CodeLite ( I now added this to the PATH-environment-variable aswell)

In Codelite these are the Environment Variables:
CodeLiteDir="C:\Program Files\CodeLite"
UNIT_TEST_PP_SRC_DIR=C:\UnitTest++-1.3
WXWIN=c:\wxWidgets-3.0.2
WXCFG=gcc_dll\mswu
I have a problem when trying to run Cppcheck from the context menu on any project.

In the CppCheck-Tab I get following output:

Starting cppcheck: "C:\Program Files\CodeLite\codelite_cppcheck.exe"  --enable=style  --enable=performance  --enable=portability  --enable=unusedFunction  --enable=missingInclude  --enable=information  --std=posix  --std=c99  --std=c++11 --force -j100 -IC:\cpp_projects\proc_space\game -IC:\cpp_projects\proc_space\game_libraries --suppress=missingIncludeSystem --template gcc  -I\cpp_projects\proc_space\game\ -I\cpp_projects\proc_space\game\ -I\dev_libs_cpp\SFML-2.2\include\ -I\cpp_projects\proc_space\game_libraries\ --file-list="C:\cpp_projects\proc_space\.codelite\cppcheck.list"
:: information: Failed to load std.cfg. Your Cppcheck installation is broken, please re-install. The Cppcheck binary was compiled with CFGDIR set to "config/cppcheck" and will therefore search for std.cfg in that path.
cppcheck: unusedFunction check can't be used with '-j' option. Disabling unusedFunction check.
===== cppcheck analysis ended. Found 0 possible errors=====
When I try to run the same command (copy & paste)

C:\cpp_projects\proc_space\game>"C:\Program Files\CodeLite\codelite_cppcheck.exe"  --enable=style  --enable=performance  --enable=portability  --enabl
e=unusedFunction  --enable=missingInclude  --enable=information  --std=posix  --std=c99  --std=c++11 --force -j100--check-config  --suppress=missingIn
cludeSystem --template gcc  -I\cpp_projects\proc_space\game\ -I\cpp_projects\proc_space\game\ -I\dev_libs_cpp\SFML-2.2\include\ -I\cpp_projects\proc_s
pace\game_libraries\ --file-list="C:\cpp_projects\proc_space\.codelite\cppcheck.list"
cppcheck: unusedFunction check can't be used with '-j' option. Disabling unusedFunction check.
:: information: Failed to load std.cfg. Your Cppcheck installation is broken, please re-install. The Cppcheck binary was compiled with CFGDIR set to "
config/cppcheck" and will therefore search for std.cfg in that path.

C:\cpp_projects\proc_space\game>
I get basically the same error.

When I run the same command in the Codelite folder I get following message:

C:\Program Files\CodeLite>"C:\Program Files\CodeLite\codelite_cppcheck.exe"  --enable=style  --enable=performance  --enable=portability  --enable=unus
edFunction  --enable=missingInclude  --enable=information  --std=posix  --std=c99  --std=c++11 --force -j100 -IC:\cpp_projects\proc_space\game -IC:\cp
p_projects\proc_space\game_libraries --suppress=missingIncludeSystem --template gcc  -I\cpp_projects\proc_space\game\ -I\cpp_projects\proc_space\game\
 -I\dev_libs_cpp\SFML-2.2\include\ -I\cpp_projects\proc_space\game_libraries\ --file-list="C:\cpp_projects\proc_space\.codelite\cppcheck.list"
Checking C:\cpp_projects\proc_space\game\Game.cpp...
Checking C:\cpp_projects\proc_space\game\main.cpp...
#### .
ThreadExecutor::check wait failed, result: 4294967295 error: 87

C:\Program Files\CodeLite>

The cppcheck.list file contains following lines:

C:\cpp_projects\proc_space\game\main.cpp
C:\cpp_projects\proc_space\game\Game.cpp
Allright... maybe it is my installation... I uninstalled Codelite and downloaded the same installer. This time I installed it to c:\CodeLite\ (I also changed my PATH-env. entry to that and also the Codelite internal env. variable I set to that directory).

When I right click on a project in my workspace inside codelite and choose the cppcheck I get following message:

Starting cppcheck: C:\CodeLite\codelite_cppcheck.exe  --enable=style  --enable=performance  --enable=portability  --enable=unusedFunction  --enable=missingInclude  --enable=information  --std=posix  --std=c99  --std=c++11 --force -j100 -IC:\cpp_projects\proc_space\game -IC:\cpp_projects\proc_space\game_libraries --suppress=missingIncludeSystem --template gcc  -I\cpp_projects\proc_space\game\ -I\cpp_projects\proc_space\game\ -I\dev_libs_cpp\SFML-2.2\include\ -I\cpp_projects\proc_space\game_libraries\ --file-list="C:\cpp_projects\proc_space\.codelite\cppcheck.list"
:: information: Failed to load std.cfg. Your Cppcheck installation is broken, please re-install. The Cppcheck binary was compiled with CFGDIR set to "config/cppcheck" and will therefore search for std.cfg in that path.
and the config file std.cfg (xml format) exists in c:\CodeLite\config\cppcheck

Have you encountered this kind of issue before?

How did you solve it?

Could it be again a silly mistake I made?

Thanks for your help!
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Cppcheck : "Your Cppcheck installation is broken..." mes

Post by eranif »

Can you please post this as bug in GitHub?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
spert
CodeLite Curious

Post by spert »

Hi Eran,

Thanks for your reply.

After your reply I started experimenting some more...

on a separate computer:
I have a separate computer (also Windows 7 , 64 bits) where I had installed Codelite 6.1.1 (32 bit version).

I checked with a project I have there if the cppcheck works. It works normally.

Then I installed Codelite 7.0 (installer, 32 bit version ) , preserving user settings.

Cppcheck still worked fine there.

I then uninstalled Codelite (without removing user settings).

I installed Codelite 7.0 (installer, 64 bit version) , preserving user settings.

I tried again and it still worked fine.

Then I remembered the setting you gave me to solve the clang error I had when I asked about a different problem ( Issue 643 in github ) a few days ago . On this machine I didn't set the "double quote wrapper for windows" option in (Editor Settings-Terminal). After activating the setting I got the same kind of error on this computer for cppcheck I have on my other machine. After removing the option I still had this problem. It seems somehow as if setting the "double quote wrapper for windows" option stays for cppcheck even after unsetting it.
I will create a new issue on Github tomorrow evening ( providing more structured information ) after some more tests.
I need to rest now.
Good night and thanks!
Timo
spert
CodeLite Curious

Post by spert »

Hi,

I created a new issue : #668 .

Thanks .

Timo
coot
CodeLite Enthusiast
IDE Question: c++

Post by coot »

I encountered this issue again. on CodeLite 10.0.0.5
In CMD, trying following command will got the same error. always failed to load std.cfg. However this cfg file exists in config/cppcheck.

Starting cppcheck: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /C D:\CodeLite\codelite_cppcheck.exe  --enable=style  --enable=performance  --enable=portability  --enable=unusedFunction  --enable=missingInclude  --enable=information  --std=posix  --std=c++11  --template gcc  --file-list=D:\Projects\QA_TestFramework\.codelite\cppcheck.list 
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Thanks, please open a bug for this on GitHub
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

nvm, already fixed this.
The fix will be part of CodeLite 10.0.6 (hopefully, this weekend)

Thanks for reporting this
coot
CodeLite Enthusiast
IDE Question: c++

Post by coot »

:) OK, I will try it then.
coot
CodeLite Enthusiast