can´t write " and '

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
hynner
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

can´t write " and '

Post by hynner »

Sorry for making a mess in it, this is only a repost from bug tracker, I´ve reported it quite a while ago and nothing happens, so...
this is the original message:

Hello, I can´t write doublequotes " and quotes ' on my computer using windows 7 and Czech keyboard. All other characters seems fine, just these two. When I press the key to write doublequotes it selects all the text from cursor to the end of file. When I press a key to write quote it does nothing.

I guess anyone can imagine how one must feel when trying to program in C++ without quotes :P
Jarod42
CodeLite Expert
IDE Question: C++

Re: can´t write " and '

Post by Jarod42 »

LeetShiva
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by LeetShiva »

hynner wrote:Sorry for making a mess in it, this is only a repost from bug tracker, I´ve reported it quite a while ago and nothing happens, so...
this is the original message:

Hello, I can´t write doublequotes " and quotes ' on my computer using windows 7 and Czech keyboard. All other characters seems fine, just these two. When I press the key to write doublequotes it selects all the text from cursor to the end of file. When I press a key to write quote it does nothing.

I guess anyone can imagine how one must feel when trying to program in C++ without quotes :P
change keyboard layout to US english and it will work fine probably :)
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

hynner wrote:ello, I can´t write doublequotes " and quotes ' on my computer using windows 7 and Czech keyboard. All other characters seems fine, just these two. When I press the key to write doublequotes it selects all the text from cursor to the end of file. When I press a key to write quote it does nothing.
This is now fixed in SVN trunk

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

hynner wrote:ello, I can´t write doublequotes " and quotes ' on my computer using windows 7 and Czech keyboard. All other characters seems fine, just these two. When I press the key to write doublequotes it selects all the text from cursor to the end of file. When I press a key to write quote it does nothing.
This is now fixed in SVN trunk

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Jarod42
CodeLite Expert

Post by Jarod42 »

I have just try a QWERTZ layout (with CL rev. 5627, so before the fix) and I succeeded to reproduce the problem.
tested with rev. 5658 (after the fix rev 5632), and it works for me (though it was žŽ characters in the chosen layout).