Glitchy visuals when typing

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
huike
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Glitchy visuals when typing

Post by huike »

Whenever I type random flashing glitchyness appears on the line I'm typing on. Sometimes (as in the case of this image here) it's only on the margin, but other times it takes up the entire line.
This error occured on my laptop running ubuntu 12, so I installed ubuntu 14 on my desktop and tested it out and it still happened. On the laptop it was always black, but on my desktop it is pretty much random colors.
It seems to be related to code completion as it only happens when I've imported my own header files and I'm typing inside a function body.
It's a shame because I REALLY love CL, it's exactly what I'm looking for in an IDE, but this bug makes it unusable.

Edit: It seems to have stopped on my desktop but I'm sure it will be back. There is also another smaller but still annoying bug, where whenever I'm typing quickly or holding backspace the text seems to kindof jump around on the line. It's almost like previous window/text buffers are being loaded for a frame? It's less noticable though.
I guess it's back to gedit for now.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Glitchy visuals when typing

Post by eranif »

This issue was fixed in git master couple of weeks ago.
It seems to be related to code completion
No, its not.

A workaround (not perfect one) to reduce this flicker is to disable "highlight match braces" from: settings->global editor preferences->guides

You might want to build codelite from sources, as described here:
http://codelite.org/Developers/Linux

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread