Possible to use the GNUStep/clang system from CodeLite?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
RaelB
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Possible to use the GNUStep/clang system from CodeLite?

Post by RaelB »

On Windows, I have installed the GNUStep packages: MSYS System, Core and Devel.

I also downloaded/installed clang into the GNUStep system following the instructions found here:
https://solarianprogrammer.com/2012/03/ ... c-windows/
(checkout llvm/clang from svn and then build from sources)

(I can successfully compile a simple Objective-C program from the GNUStep shell using the clang compiler, as described there...)

It is possible to hook into this sytem using CodeLite, so that I can write and compile Objective-C programs on Windows, using the GNUStep libraries such as Foundation etc..?

Thanks
Rael
Gibbon1
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Possible to use the GNUStep/clang system from CodeLite?

Post by Gibbon1 »

My gut feeling is,

You can certainly edit ObjectiveC code in codelite. And pretty sure with a bit of work you could convince it to build your programs, worst you can use an external makefile.

I did a simple test and changed one of my files in my project ROMCopy.c to RomCopy.m and got the following build error

arm-none-eabi-g++.exe: error: Project_Settings/Startup_Code/ROMCopy.m: Objective-C compiler not installed on this system

Makes sense I'm using a cross compiler for a small ARM processor. So from this I think that you can set up GNUStep as a compiler on codelite (Settings -> Build settings -> Add compilers. And it ought to work.

I'm not sure about editing and code completion, but codelite already has clang support at least for C/C++ whether that can parse ObjectiveC I have no idea but I think so.